Thursday 10 March 2016

Imagine

Hello everyone, a really quick post from me to share a piece of artwork that I thought was never going to happen! I'm still not quite sure about it but I really wanted to join in with Andy Skinner's DecoArt Bright Colours Challenge (you know how I love those!) so this will have to do!


As you can see, it's definitely bright! It involves using my fingers to apply lots of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics to a natural coloured canvas board.
I then used the end of a wooden doewl to add the tiny circular shapes to the panel. I stamped on the text from Andy's Batik Garden stamp set with Archival Jet Black ink and stencilled on imagine from the Serendipity stencil with Carbon Black.
The butterfly was die cur from paper coloured with Pyrrole Orange and I swiped on Hicory Smoke Distress ink to colour the raised areas.

I used:
 
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Hansa Yellow Light, Hansa Yellow Medium, Green Gold, Yellow Green Light, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Blue Hue, Pyrrole Red, Pyrrole Orange, Primary Magenta, Carbon Black

White Gesso

Serendipity Stencil

Batik Garden Stamp Set

Have a great day and see you again soon!
Fliss x

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Lovely choice of colours Fliss, sorry short and sweet but not at home and my tablet keyboard and I don't work in tandem.

B x

junemac2 said...

Fabulously created Fliss. I love bright, and love Andy Skinner style. Fab one my friend. x

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL Fliss. What INTENSELY CAPTIVATING colors. Orange is my fav color so of course I adore your butterfly too!!! Thanks bunches for sharing your LUSCIOUS eye candy! j.